Monday, November 10, 2008

Acceptance


Alhamdulillah... Patience is definitely a virtue. A worth-while virtue at that.

It has been 2 weeks since I last visited my GP. I had seen her on a weekly basis before that, with some occasional missed appointments. The last time I saw my GP, we decided that I will work on making sure that I can push myself to go to my Clinical Bedsite Tute - a very daunting task indeed. Alhamdulillah, with the grace of Allah, I managed to fulfill that aim albeit at the expense of the other tutes. You see, my brain thought that I should spend my time preparing for the Clinical Bedsite Tute, which means I have to miss the other tutes. It is as true as it is irrational. I guess the silver lining was the fact that I did manage to 'crawl' to the hospital. Alhamdulillah. Allah is the Greatest.

Alas, things went downhill after that.

I psyched myself out every single second. 'Everyone else is so much better than you' 'You are not worth it' 'You can't even remember the Cranial Nerves' 'You keep on forgetting the Surahs you've memorized' 'You can't even hold a decent conversation with other people' 'You don't even cook well' 'You just sleep all day long' 'You keep on burdening other people with your problem' 'You always run away from your problems' 'You can't get along with people' etc etc etc...

Until finally, I hit a bottomless pit. A pitch black pit that sucked the life out of me. Astaghfirullahalazim...
Nevertheless, I thank Allah for blessing me with such incredible parents who are always there with undying support and unconditional love, such joyful and lovable siblings who kept me on my toes and friends who truly defines the meaning of Ukhuwah Fillah. Alhamdulillah.
All of them pulled me up. Out of the pit. Back on track. Allah is the Most Beneficent.

Today, I went to the GP with a smile. I told her, 'I haven't felt this good in months!'
Her eyes smiled as she grinned with joy. I honestly haven't felt this happy and contented since last year. I told her what had happened for the past few weeks. She listened attentively as I described every detail with utmost purity. We worked out how to deal with the faculty regarding my absence from tutorials and she helped out on how to get back on track with my studies.

Everything went smoothly. I told her I'll be going back to Malaysia for the summer holidays. She gave me enough prescriptions till next year. I anxiously await to leave the consultation room and continue my excellent day.

She then said, 'Well, see you next year then! Have a good holiday! Good luck for your exams!'

I said, 'Huh? No consultation next week?'

She replied, 'You don't need it. You have finally accepted it and dealt with it. I am very proud of you. I think this experience will make you an excellent doctor'

I was stumped. Happy. But stumped. Gloriously Happy. But still stumped.

No more appointments! At least for this year... hehe... I left the consultation feeling refreshed, exuberant and jubilant and so many other positive emotions... Alhamdulillah. Allah is the Greatest. Alhamdulillah... Alhamdulillah... Alhamdulillah...

Thank you all!

6 comments:

rosso said...

I told her, 'I haven't felt this good in months!'

subhanallah. All praise due to Him. this sweetness is truely a blessing from Allah SWT. i can feel the aura from here bro. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

subhanallah....what a writing skill...i can feel it insyaAllah....btw, tumpang tanye, exuberent dgn julibant tu hape?

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah, glad to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully, you're out of the pit for good :)

Keep it up, and all the best for your coming exams~

May Allah bless you, always.

Anonymous said...

Sama-sama
Don't mention it!

Tatmni

Anonymous said...

ucapan alhamdulillah sambil tepuk tangan buley x?

Anonymous said...

salam dari Dublin.. pekaba?? saje2 bloghopping, terhop ke sini pulak.. anyway, kalau rajin, dtg laa jenguk2 blog hamba.. :)